Trust, Identity and Data Privacy — A Multi-Stakeholder Approach:
Protecting consumers, news, brands and democracy
April 24-25, 2019, downtown Washington, D.C.
WHO ATTENDED in BROOKLYN
- Andres Arrieta, Technology Projects Manager, Electronic Frontier Foundation, San Francisco
- Kevin Bankston, director, Open Technology Institute, New America Foundation
- Scott Bradner, director, ITEGA, Cambridge, Mass.
- Laura Bright, Strategic Communications Professor, Texas Christian University, Fort Worth, Texas
- Mark Bullard, director, digital business development, Lee Enterprises Inc., Davenport, Iowa
- David Carroll, professor, Parsons/New School for Media & Technology, New York (LINK)
- Gary Deutsch, CFO & EVP of Corporate Development, LiveIntent Inc., New York, N.Y.
- Michelle de Mooy, consultant, Local Media Consortium and ITEGA
- Bill Densmore, RJI Fellow and executive director, ITEGA, Williamstown, Mass.
- Peter Dolanjski, product manager, ETP, Mozilla, San Francisco
- Todd Eskelsen, co-op and tax-exempt law, Eskelsen Law Group LLC, Kensington, Md.
- Augustine Fou, ad-fraud expert & principal, Marketing Science Consulting Group, New York, N.Y.
- Dave Gehring, CEO / founder, Distributed Media Lab / Project Meridio, Palo Alto, Calif.
- Christina Gillham, director, Thatcher & Co., New York
- Sean Goggins, Global Consent Manager project lead, University of Missouri, Columbia, Mo.
- Jo Ellen Green Kaiser, board chair, Information Trust Exchange Governing Association
- Mitchell Grummon, business-development director, Mother Jones Magazine
- Joseph Hardin, vp/product leadership, Alliance for Audited Media, Arlington Heights, Ill.
- Christian Hendricks, president, Local Media Consortium
- Justin Hendrix, executive director, NYC Media Lab, Brooklyn, N.Y.
- Jeff Jarvis, Director, Tow-Knight Center for Entrepreneurial Journalism at CUNY’s Craig Newmark Graduate School of Journalism, New York
- Joseph Jerome, Center for Demoracy & Technology, Washington, D.C.
- Mike Kelley, chief information security officer, E.W. Scripps Company, Cincinnati, Ohio
- Richard Lerner, CEO, Clickshare Service Corp., Amherst, Mass. (UDEX.ORG) | (specification)
- Christopher Lewis, vice president, advocacy, Public Knowledge, Washington, D.C.
- Jeremy Malcolm, executive director, Prostasia Foundation | IGF member
- Don Marti, strategist, Mozilla, San Francisco
- Johannes Munter, manager, public policy, News Media Alliance, Arllington, Va.
- Aviv Ovadya, founder, The Thoughtful Technology Project | felllow, Alliance for Security Democracy, Oakland, Calif.
- Chris Pedigo, SVP, government affairs, Digital Content Next, Washington, D.C.
- Brendan Riordan-Butterworth, consultant, formerly IAB Tech Lab, Brooklyn, N.Y.
- David Rowley, Senior Director – Ad Platform Strategies, Advance Local, New Jersey
- Dan Rua, CEO, Admiral, Gainsville, Fla.
- Ashkan Soltani, former CTO, Federal Trade Commission, Oakland, Calif.
- Amie Stepanovich, U.S. policy manager, AcccessNow.org, Washington, D.C.
- Greg Swanson, development / outreach for ITEGA and principal partner at ITZontarget, Portland, Ore.
- Arvid Tchivzhel, product-development director, Mather Economics, Atlanta, Ga.
- Eva Tucker, Principal designer, Eva Tucker Design LLC, Arnold, Mo.
- Jed Williams, chief innovation officer, the Local Media Association
- Fran Wills, CEO, The Local Media Consortium
- Lauren Zion, VP of revenue operations, LiveIntent Inc., New York, N.Y.OTHER PARTICIPANTS
- Laura Moy, executive director & professor, Georgetown Univ. Center on Privacy and Technology
- Elizabeth Renieris, global policy counsel, Everynm Inc., Washington, D.C.
ADDITIONAL PARTICIPANTS (Chicago)
- Lawrence Strickling, executive director, Collaborative Governance Project of The Internet Society, Chicago
- Allie Bohm, Policy Council, PublicKnowledge, Washington, D.C.
- Brandi Collins-Dexter, media justice director, Colo of Change, Washington, D.C.
- Alison Cool, Anthropology Professor, University of Colorado, Boulder
- Tom Drouillard, CEO/president/managing director, Alliance of Audited Media, Arlington Heights, Ill.
- Jennifer Humke, program officer, The MacArthur Foundation, Chicago
- Seth Rogin, president & CEO, Nucleus Marketing Solutions LLC, New York
ADDITIONAL PARTICIPANTS at Pocantico
- Bill Donnelly, director, iRespond Global
- Dan Gilsolfi, CTO trusted identity, IBM Industry Platforms
- Kirk Kordeleski, principal, CULedger/BEST Consulting
- Charlie Kravetz, general manager, WBUR / Boston University
- Martin Langeveld, director and consultant, The Berkshire Eagle
- Jeff Light, publisher & editor-in-chief, The San Diego Union-Tribune
- Kathy Merritt, SVP journalism and radio, Corp. for Public Broadcasting, Washington, D.C.
- Linda Miller, director, network journalism/innovation, American Public Media, Minneapolis, Minn.
- Graf Mouen, founder/CEO, Taxonometrics/Your Stream
- Brian Muller, VP data and growth, The Atlantic
- Esfand Pourmand, VP Revenue, The Boston Globe
- Hong Qu, management board, Lenfest Institute / Shorenstein Center
- Drummond Reed, trustee & chair, Sovrin Trust Framework Working Group
- Doc Searls, Editor/Researcher, Linux Journal / Customer Commons / Harvard Berkman
- Tom Thomas, co-CEO, Station Resource Group
- Norris P. West, director strategic communications, Annie E. Casey Foundation
Chicago convening collaborator: